Saturday, April 09, 2005

Tango, as unknowable as everything else

For the last few months I have been pursuing tango 4 days a week beginning with a noon class on Thursday, followed by evening practica, then milongas on Friday and Saturday, and finishing with a Sunday afternoon practica. But I feel weary of tango now and may end up not doing any tango this week at all.

The Indian nondual teachings put an emphasis on destiny. One function of that emphasis is to discourage consciousness from identifying with contents. One watches the unfolding of the causes and effects in life and can never know any but a tiny fraction of what those causes and effects are. Socrates also said something to the effect that the most profound knowing is to know that we don’t know. This observation can enable one to abide in being rather than struggle with doing so that one observes the doings as they take place rather than identify with them.

So here I take some notes on my tango destiny as I observe it unfolding. The taking notes is part of that doing and I don’t really know what any of it is, or is for. I’ll just accept it now as an infinitesimally tiny part of the vast play of the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home